Saturday, February 02, 2008

Slacker

I've been a major slacker about updating my blog this week, sorry! I wanted to write up a post about dinner at my aunt's house last weekend, but never got around to it. I wanted to write a little something about my new doll named Hazel, but again, never got around to it. I am a slacker. I hope in time, forgiveness will come.

So, I'll do a mini update now, and check back for photos, because they are on E's other computer. Last weekend after we got back from The Homestead we went over to Laura's house for a very fantastic dinner. Once dinner was over we were in the living room, chatting, enjoying each other's company, and waiting for the homemade apple pie to cook. It was one that we made back in October on our Harvest Cook-off (remember this post?). The entire time we were joking that the pie was not apple, but chicken-pot pie, because we made lots of those that same day, and didn't label any of them. Well the hot pie came out of the oven, and sure enough, it was chicken pot pie! We laughed and laughed and ended up just having coffee and cookies instead.

Everyone chats before dinner.
Grandma, Laura and Melissa finish the grapefruits.
Dessert anyone? We have chicken pot pie!
And, I have a new doll. For those of you who really don't care about dolls, please skip ahead :). I have been waiting and waiting for a red head with hazel eyes for years, and American Girl finally made one, so I used my Christmas money on her, and brought the sweet girl home.

Her name is Hazel Ogden Wood and has a story that combines my life, my great grandmother's lives, and the history of Park City. All I can say, is I'm thrilled with her.

Oh, and one last doll update, Violet got back from Hawaii, so I've got a full house of dolls, and I'm loving it.

And the last update is Naina is back in the US after her fantastic wedding in India. She is slowly updating her blog with some of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. E and I are feeling a little sad we didn't join them in India.

Here is a link to one of the wedding posts on Naina's blog, but to see them all, click on "The Madness" on the right, they are well worth seeing, you just need to scroll down a little.

Here is a photo of the beautiful bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails