Sunday, February 24, 2008

Japanese day spa

Do you remember this post way way back in July where E got my a gift certificate to a local spa for our first anniversary? Well I've been holding on to the gift certificate, saving it for a cold weekend when I could really enjoy myself. Well that weekend finally arrived, and E and I ventured to Kura Door today. It was rainy and stormy outside, so it was a prefect day to be at the spa.

I had a certificate for the Ofuro bath and the Kura massage. E decided to join me, and get an Ofuro bath, himself. Well luckily, the spa had one room with two tubs in it, and so E and I got to each have a bath of our own in the same room. And this isn't just a regular old bath, oh no... here is what the Kura Door says about this special bath:

In Japan, the bath serves as the path to well-being for both body and soul. It is a place in which to gather one's thoughts and seek refuge from the tensions and stress of everyday life. So it has been for a thousand years in Japan, and so it is still today at the Kura Door.

Experience the tradition of the Japanese Ofuro Bath. Our bath attendant will guide you through this ritual journey as you experience the healing pleasures of Japanese tea and infused bathing waters. Choose from a selection of soothing and detoxifying essential oil, herb, and natural sea salt blends to create your own inspired retreat. Relax into the sound of soft music, the subtle fragrance of cedar, and the water's embrace.

Well the bath was all that, and more! We loved it! It was so deep and peaceful. Sipping tea and drinking ice water all while in a nice, hot, deep bath was divine. We each choose sea salt to be mixed in with our water, and placed cucumber slices over our eyes.

After the bath time was up, I headed downstairs for an hour-long massage. E enjoyed himself in the steam room, sauna and meditation room. The massage was wonderful. It felt so good to have my back rubbed by someone with serious skills.

After the wonderful hour and a full body massage, I headed back upstairs to meet E. We enjoyed a little time in the sauna (180 degrees!) and then headed out. Once back in the car we got a text from my dad inviting us to a fantastic Salt Lake City restaurant for dinner, of course we accepted.

I am very happy to say that today was perfect. Thanks honey-bug for a perfect anniversary gift!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Your welcome baby! It sure was fun, I think that we should make it an annual tradition :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails