Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My mom picked a date and a location!

My mom and her boyfriend Chuck have wanted to get married for as long as they've know each other. They started dating in March 2007 and have been happy in love ever since. About a year ago they started talking about getting married in earnest, and over the weekend they made a decision: they want to take the entire family down to Lake Powell over Labor Day weekend and have the wedding on a desert beach. My mom has always loved the idea of having a wedding after dark, under the starlight. She wants a lot of candles, including floating candles, fantastic food, and a beautiful location. She's even rented a houseboat!

So, come September 5th, my Mom and Chuck will tie the knot in a beautiful location and I'll be getting a new step father. Can't wait!

And boy, talk about the summer of weddings! We kick off the summer of weddings with Logan's and Brooke's this Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your mom! Tell her I say congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powell is so gorgeous at night, assuming it isn't stormy. That's the trick with Powell; the weather changes so fast down there.

    Going there in six weeks! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    Your family is a true Powell family, I remember going there with you once and I loved it! Your dad taught me how to slalom.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails