Thursday, May 07, 2009

I'm a slacker blogger, what we did last weekend

I'm sorry I'm such a slacker. I didn't feel like there was much to blog about last weekend, because what do you know, it rained again, all weekend long....

Anyway, there is something to blog about. On Friday night E and I had some friends over for a wine and Scotch tasting. We asked everyone to either bring a bottle of wine or their favorite Scotch, and also asked them to bring an appetizer. We'd never done a party in this format before, and it really seemed to work out well. Everyone brought really tasty items. Chelsea and Joe brought pesto stuffed tomatoes, Mike brought jalapeno poppers, David brought hummus and pitas, Logan brought egg rolls, Justin brought a cheese try, Suzie brought veggies and dip and E and I provided a baked brie wheel. After awhile E decided to start the Scotch tasting. Not many people are as into Scotch as Mike, David and E, but a few others tried some sips anyway. It was fun to see E give an intro and history to Scotch whiskey, and give a history of each that we were trying. I, of course, didn't drink for the entire night, so that was a little bit of a bummer, especially when a new bottle of wine was opened, everyone took a sip, and said that it was delicious.

Suzie and David fill their plates with appetizers.
The spread was great.
Some of the drinks that they tried.
Logan and I in my kitchen. I am so happy to have such an awesome kitchen for entertaining. (And those of you who have a keen eye might spot my gnome cottage!)
And then for the rest of the weekend it rained and rained and rained. This photo is not a photo I took last week, don't believe me, look how much the tree has leafed out in seven days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails