Sunday, September 12, 2010

Learning a bit of Photoshop

I want to be a better photographer. I'm always striving for this. I read photographer's blogs, I practice practice practice. And just today I asked E to teach me some of the quick tricks in Photoshop, because all pro photographers know how to make edits in Photoshop.

I'm brand new to this. But I hope I'll get good. Here is my first enhanced photo. First one is strait from the camera. This is how I post 99% of my photos on this blog. No edits other than the occasional black and white image. Second one is the edited version. Too much saturation? Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. I've always thought you take fantastic pics! I really do like the second one of my perfect grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernestine12:01 AM

    My favorite teacher for this sort of thing is "a few scanning tips" at http://www.scantips.com

    I like your enhanced photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the enhancements look fantastic, now try the burn tool, it will darken the bright white streak above his head. It is a hand in the shape of an OK symbol, called burn tool, under the dodge tool (dodge makes it lighter) that looks like a dark lolipop. Cool !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! But I don't know anything about Photoshop either, I always just upload pics without editing. Drives Colette crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the enhancement. Since I'm not a photographer, I don't know what I would do without photoshop to touch up lighting and color problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog from Kelle's. I had to click when I saw you were a fellow Salt Laker. The editing looks great. What tools did you use? I have photoshop but don't know how to do much with it to change the look of my pics.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails