Thursday, September 16, 2010

Autumn has arrived


Every weekday morning, without fail, I brew coffee, bounce the baby on my hip as I mix in sugar and cream, and head outside for our walk.

Lately it has been chilly. I wrap up in a sweatshirt and put a sweatshirt on my boy. I make sure he's warm enough, give him a graham cracker and wander down my driveway, past the house on the corner, and around the block, or towards wherever I'm headed that particular morning.

I sip hot coffee. I listen to my feet hit the pavement. I listen to the birds, and the babbles of my little boy as we wander past the houses we've seen every morning this entire summer. We stop to visit friends, because I've made friends with virtually everyone I see each day.

We enjoy the changing of the seasons together, my boy and me. We've watched the sunflowers open happily, and day after day start to fade, until they turn to seed. We've watched the apples ripen on the 100 year old apple tree on the beautiful property not far from my home.

We walk and enjoy life as I see my boy changing, growing, becoming big right before my eyes.

Today I took a few photos, they are not the best quality because all I had was my cell phone. But enjoy them nonetheless.

The sunflowers up the lane are one of James's favorite stops. We stop every day for him to say hello to his friends (and pull some petals off, as well).
It is late in the season, and some are already turning to seed.
The sunlight streaming through the trees at this time of day is glorious.
Big heavy apples are almost ready to be picked.
Morning glories enjoying the cool mornings of September.
Is there anything sweeter than pajamaed feet stuffed into little baby shoes? Nope.

3 comments:

  1. James's shoes are super cute. I love the brick house too, It looks gorgeous in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his shoes too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos!! Wow!


    I just read your comment about who we used for Sam's photos and it is called Peekaboo Photos. They are fantastic! I will use them again!

    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails