Sunday, September 12, 2010

September is my fave

I'm going to declare, once and for all, that September is my favorite month of the year (ok, June is also my favorite). But wow. September. You blow my socks off. Yesterday was a perfect example of how awesome you really are.

Day started out with sleeping in. Ahhh... 7:30 am. How nice it is to sleep this late. I brewed some coffee, got dressed and me and my boys headed down to Murray Park for the Farmer's Market. The air was chilly. We all bundled up, but drinking piping hot coffee and standing in the warm sun while you admire the tomatoes just felt spectacular.

James loves the farmer's market, mostly due to all the free samples they give out. The peaches, cheese, pears, bread, tomatoes, and jam James sucked down with lots of enthusiasm. We purchased lots of tomatoes, some onions, a fantastic loaf of lemon sage bread and hot tamales fresh off from the steamer.

Then we sat in the sun and ate tamales for breakfast. Did I mention how awesome September is yet?

After returning home, putting a boy down for a nap, and both having a chance to relax, E and I packed up the babe and headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon. We wanted to hike before the weather changes. Our plan is it adore every last moment of sunshine this fall before the weather turns.

We drove all the way to the top of the canyon and hiked the short but steep Cecret Lake trail. James is a hiking mad man. I swear, he just giggles and squeals the entire time he's in the baby pack. I am so beyond thrilled that he loves it as much as he does.
Beautiful view. Happy boy.
Rocks taste awesome!


Love the silly face in the second photo. What a goof.


He really wanted to touch the water. Like really really wanted to.

And, after the hike he zonked on the car ride home.

Later in the evening E and i grilled up our Farmer's Market tomatoes with some garlic, herbs and onions. Then we mixed with chicken broth, blended and had super yummy tomato soup for dinner.

Grilln' the veggies
until they are charred and falling apart and heavenly.
We were worried the lemon sage bread wouldn't be tasty on the side. It was awesome.
September, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, the pics are stunning. And I love James's little camp shirt. Also, I'm all caught up on your blog, finally!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails