Friday, January 13, 2012

Pregnancy quiz: 36 weeks

How far along: 36 weeks!

Sleep: Really horrible this week! Worst week in a long while. One night I was panicked because I couldn't remember what baby girl clothes I had purchased last summer. So in the middle of the night I had to hunt through the storage room to check. Yes, I knew it was crazy at the time, but I couldn't get it out of my head, and knew the only way I'd sleep was to just go check. Then? I still didn't fall asleep for two more hours. And every night has been horrible and weird, like that one.

Weight Gain/Loss: Didn't gain anything this week. So crazy because I'm eating plenty and buttering every piece of bread heavily.

Belly button in or out: Yep! I called it! When I was pregnant with James my belly button popped at 36 weeks, and with this pregnancy it did as well. I'd say I'm 70% popped. :)

Movement: So much! You can see my entire stomach shift positions. Super creepy. E won't let me put his hand on my tummy because of the amount of movement. He says "it creeps me out."

Size of Baby: 19" and gaining weight at about 5.75 lbs. Not growing in length much, but gaining weight!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Hello pregnancy insomnia. We meet again. Damn you. Sciatic nerve pain isn't quite as bad, but now my ears hurt (??) when I'm sleeping. I remember this from James's pregnancy as well. So weird.

Food Cravings: Fruit fruit fruit.

What I miss: Being able to keep up with James and have some energy in the middle of the day. I nap and am still exhausted by 7:30 pm.

What I am looking forward to: Setting up the nursery. Another thing I was panicked about this week in the middle of the night? The fact that we still don't have a crib. I had been undecided for my entire pregnancy on if I wanted to buy a second crib because James will be done with his fairly soon. I didn't want to move James out of his until he was ready, because he is such a good sleeper, the last thing I needed was two kids with crazy sleep. So I thought I'd use the pack and play (playpen) for Baby Girl. Well, the other night at 3:00 am I decided I NEEDED another crib, and ordered it the next morning. Poor E, he never knows what rant I'll go on first thing in the morning because I was "thinking" the night before.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I ordered the crib and crib mattress and it's already here, so I think we'll set it up this weekend. We are also planning on a trip to IKEA for a dresser. Her nursery will be almost complete soon!

Another thing I'm really looking forward to? A childhood friend of mine offered to host a baby shower for me. I was unsure at first, being that Baby Girl is not my first baby (and traditionally baby showers are only for your first), but after some convincing, I decided to go for it. She is hosting a Little Red Riding Hood themed shower next weekend for me. I am so so so excited. I convinced her to keep the guest list tiny, since it is my second shower, but am excited to celebrate Baby Girl with some close family and friends.

Weekly Wisdom: Note to self: when you need to check on the status of baby girl dresses at 3:00 am, just get up and do it. Trying to convince yourself that it's crazy, and you can check in the morning, for two hours, just makes the length of time you're up even longer.

Best moment this week: Talking baby shower details the other night with my friend who's hosting, I'm so excited. Also, finding that there are wonderful little girl clothes that I bought 6 months ago that are perfect, so I can stop freaking out.

Milestones: 36 weeks is the last week I'm considered pre-term. Next week I'll be considered full term! Scary and wonderful.

Photo above is another I took last Saturday on our snow day. I loved how simple it was and wanted to post it for Black and White Wednesday. Being that I'm exhausted and need to nap most days, I didn't post a B&W Wednesday this week. So here it is! A few days late.

And, I took this same quiz when I was 36 weeks pregnant with James, click here to compare.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you are having a shower! I think its totally okay to have one for second one, especially since its a girl! Also, a little red riding hood theme sounds absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see pics

    I have to say your checking up on baby girl clothes made me laugh, but I remember the crazy insomnia from prego days and I hope you can get some sleep this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails