Thursday, October 22, 2009

Week 36, almost there, kind of...

For the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy I'm going to post this little questionnaire once a week. It is so easy to forget how things quickly change over the weeks, so here we go:

How far along? 36 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Just got weighed. Gained 0.02 lbs since my last appointment. Up 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Heck yes.
Sleep: Sucks. Sleep pretty well at night other than two things that continue to wake me: being thirsty or having to pee. And this morning I woke because my heartburn was killing me!
Movement: Yes. Seems like whenever I talk about him he gives me a especially hard kick.
Labor Signs: Saw the doc and she said I am 1cm dilated and 40% effaced. This is all totally normal at 36 weeks, but it means that my body is moving towards giving birth. Yikes!
Pregnancy Symptoms: This week its all about heartburn heartburn heartburn. And not wanting to move, at all.
Food Cravings: The OJ is now giving me heartburn, as is the fruit. :( So now I'm just longing for those items and eating crackers.
Belly Button in or out? Yep, I think I popped. My belly button is saying this turkey is done, just like those weird turkey temperature things, when they pop, turkey comes out of the oven. Too bad I still have a four week bake.
What I miss: Sleep, alcohol, and feeling like I can move.
What I am looking forward to: The crib arrives next week! Can't wait to see the nursery in all its finished glory!
Weekly Wisdom: Tums can only do so much.
Best moment this week: Getting the tree on the wall in the nursery. I honestly go in there three to ten times a day just to admire how cute it is.
Milestones: This is the last week of my pregnancy I'm considered pre-term. Next week I'll be full term, which is really really scary!

4 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard about the turkey timer that coffee came out of my nose! Thanks for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa! Glad I could cheer up your morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! You are so close. I was induced (thank God) at 38 weeks. You are SOOOOOO lucky that you have only gained 25 pounds. I gained about 55 lbs. and I wasn't eating a batch of brownies everyday. So the good news is, you are probably going to lose the baby weight not long after delivering. From the pictures, your tummy looks so cute.

    I can't wait to see the final pics of the nursery that you admire so much each day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    I want to get induced at 38 weeks! My doc says she won't induce until week 41. Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails