Thursday, October 01, 2009

My poor sweet frozen family members

Over the last few weeks I've been too hot. When everyone else is comfortable, I'm roasting, due of course to being 8 months pregnant. Every night E and I sleep with the bedroom windows open and the fan on, and even then, it is rare that I'll even put the sheet over me.

I was thrilled to learn that this week the temps. were going to be dropping, seriously, I was so hot. Last night I opened the windows in the bedroom like every night and climbed into bed. It felt so good! Finally the air outside was cool!

E commented that he was cold before bed, so I gave him an extra blanket and told him to snuggle up next to me. Finally, in the middle of the night, he asked if we could close the windows, and I relented, and said yes.

This morning E woke up to take a shower and noticed the temperature on the thermostat - 54 degrees! Yes! Our house was only 54 degrees! He said all three cats were curled into tight little balls, barely able to even open their eyes, due to the extreme temperatures.

As E was telling me this, just moments ago, I decided to check the thermostat for myself. I've felt comfortable all morning, not too cold or too hot. I've taken a shower, gotten dressed and made breakfast, all completely normal. When I finally checked the temperature, I was surprised to see it only read 58! I can't believe it! I've been laughing about it since! Hahaa! Poor kitties. Poor husband.

4 comments:

  1. oh my, that is cold. I was just thinking how much of a wimp I was being last night when we turned the heat on when it hit 68. I guess I really am a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Right, you definitely need to move to London. You would be a happy girl. I do not want to turn the heat on yet, but we are bundled up like we are in Siberia. Let E turn on the heat -- or at least close the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember that. Normally I am always cold but last year when I was pregnant with Ian, I had bus duty at school and I had no problems standing out in the cold/snow all winter long! I am dreading this winter because I know I am going to freeze again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, you sound like me! I don't have the excuse you do, though; just can't stand feeling "stuck!" ;) My perfect temperature is 67 degrees. I will allow for a five degree variance in either direction before the whining starts. I'll always pick too cold over too hot, though!

    43 days and counting for you! Hope CO was awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails