Wednesday, October 28, 2009

37 weeks, my god, I'm full term!

37 weeks means that if I were to give birth, my baby is considered full term, not a preemie. That is really really scary. Although my due date is still three weeks out, lots of woman deliver early (but keep in mind, lots deliver late too). E and I are getting so excited to meet this little man. The fear comes and goes, but I know right now I'm feeling mostly excitement.

Do you remember this photo taken at the farmhouse, where I felt huge? Well I took another one in the same place, I think I'm huge-er.

E took this photo of me last Sunday at 36 weeks 4 days.
Here's my weekly quiz-

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Haven't been to the doc yet this week, so don't have an updated tally. I feel heavier, and my feet are more swollen. Yuck.
Maternity clothes? Heck yes.
Sleep: hurts.
Movement: Yesterday Baby November went crazy. First he had a tumbling class, then soon after Rumba class started. And the night before when we were watching The Office he was doing karate. Even as I type this I'm feeling kicks.
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks, not fun. Also, some crampiness started this week (feels like I'm going to start my period), again, not fun.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Everything. I stopped drinking a carton of OJ every two days so the heartburn is less, but now I have a harder time sleeping, walking and bending due to the fact that I'm still quite pregnant.
Food Cravings: The OJ calls to me. All. the. time. I must resist.
Belly Button in or out? I popped, just like a turkey timer.
What I miss: Being able to turn over in my sleep while still asleep. This honestly sounds like heaven. If I want to turn over in bed, I have to wake up, sit up, roll over, adjust pillows, usually get up to pee, get a drink, adjust again, think about the horrible pains radiating down my back and lower abdomen, and wish that my tummy didn't feel so heavy.
What I am looking forward to: Really looking forward to the holidays with our new baby. I'm imagining all the time snuggling with him and E in front of the Christmas tree and all the sweet newborn photos I want to take of him.
Weekly Wisdom: Getting the nursery mostly done helps with peace of mind. (I haven't forgotten about photos!)
Best moment this week: Setting up the crib last night and getting lots and lots of comments on my Halloween shirt. I'll post a photo come Halloween!
Milestones: Today I'm full term. Wow!

6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! I'm so excited for you to meet your son soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to send a birth announcement to the White House. My boys' baby books have congrats from President Bush (the first one) and President Clinton. I love to do quirky little things like that, and it makes for some fun additions to the baby book.

    You look fantastic! I hope you have a quick labor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so great! You can really see you are just glowing. Nothing like what I looked like...

    I am excited for you and E and hope that Baby November comes a little early so that you can sleep well again. I really remember just wanting to get some good sleep.

    And don't even waste time worrying about the labor. You hear SOOOO many horror stories but it really isn't that bad. It is pain with a purpose and it makes you feel proud to be a woman. And I know your experience will be so special, especially with E there the entire time holding your hand. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)Almost there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! Full Term, you are almost there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your comments, so so much. Thank you for taking the time to leave them. I just smile every time I re-read. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails