Monday, October 19, 2009

Autumn weekend with my love-a-bug

Finally E is home from a month of crazy travels. After two trips to Japan, a trip to Las Vegas, and to Colorado with me, E was ready to be home and have a chance to relax. He decided to take Thursday and Friday off as comp days, and he couldn't have chosen better days, weather wise. The long weekend was wonderful, warm and clear and just beautiful.

We did quite a few things including buying a car seat for Baby November (stressful!), cleaning up the house, watching quite a few episodes of The Office, and going to both Red Butte Garden and the Temple Quarry Trail. The leaves were amazing! I live for autumn days like Friday and Saturday. They were glorious.

On Saturday at the Temple Quarry trail E was looking so handsome. He was even dressed like the changing season, in his brown pants and rusty red sweater. I kept taking photos of him, he's just too good looking. I hope you don't mind.

Also, E and I cooked some awesome meals this weekend. It is amazing how fun it is to cook with someone you love. This weekend we barbecued some herbs, garlic, onions and tomatoes and made a killer homemade tomato soup and then we also did an espresso chili rubbed rib eye steak. Fantastic! Both recipes came from this cookbook, which is hands down the best cookbook we've ever owned.

E and I are in love with ornamental grasses. We have three types growing in our yard, but whenever we visit Red Butte Garden we look carefully at all the varieties they have. I love this one with the white feathery seedpods.
I just love the Temple Quarry trail, the views up Little Cottonwood Canyon are amazing, and the colors were vivid.
My Ethan.
We kept talking about how crazy it was that in a month our little family of two will be a family of three. Never again will it only be the two of us.
Aren't the colors fanatstic?

And here is dinner on Saturday night, espresso chili rubbed steak, baked potato, and grilled fennel bulb. It was specatular.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys to become a little family!!!
    And I agree on cooking being so wonderful when you do it together. I love cooking with Jeff, it's such a great experience to do it together - lots of laughter and bumping into each other in our small kitchen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one more month! Enjoy all of your time together. Waiting for the baby and then those first few weeks are just so romantic. I hope you two have a lot of alone time with your little guy.

    E is such a good sport and he looks like the perfect model in your photos. And you seem to have been so in love with him your entire pregnancy. Someone once told me that if you are so in love with your DH during the pregnancy that the baby is going to look just like him. I guess we will see!
    I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails