Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week after the wedding in Colorado

The day after Allison's wedding, E headed back to Japan on business, and I headed to a Rebecca's house in Colorado. Rebecca is a friend I met on a doll message board, and although are friendship started with one similar interest, it has grown and changed to a wonderful friendship. Caroline, another doll friend that lives in Utah flew to Colorado to meet us, and the week of kid talk, husband talk, and life talk started. (Remember we did this same type of trip earlier in the year?)

Rebecca planned some fantastic activities for us, including a tour of Celestial Seasonings factory, high tea at The Brown Palace, and lots of time to just talk and relax at her beautiful house. The week was perfect, just what I needed. Instead of sitting home and missing E so much my teeth hurt, I was with friends chatting, enjoying her children, working on doll crafts, and relaxing in her awesome living room, due to the fact I'm quite pregnant.

Caroline, unfortunately had to fly home a couple days early due to her son being sick, but Rebecca and I kept on having a fantastic time. I can't wait for her to visit Utah again.

This is the view from Rebecca's living room. It was amazingly beautiful.
One morning I woke up to find a donut party! Rebecca and her daughter had purchased donuts and even set up the dolls with their own donuts.
We also worked on baking clay projects. We purchased a special type of clay at the craft store, and once you are finished with the project you bake it and it turns hard, almost like hard plastic! Really fun way to make fake doll food (notice the doll donuts!).
Caroline missed going to The Brown, which is too bad. It was an amazingly beautiful hotel in downtown Denver that had a fantastic high tea. Rebecca and I had a wonderful time sipping and chatting. (We also did high tea when Rebecca visited us in Utah, here's the link.)
The Brown's Crown Jewel tea was divine. And aren't the silver teapots fun?
Me at The Brown. I loved every minute.

2 comments:

  1. The doll treats look great! It looks like you had a great time. I look forward to meeting you when I come to visit Utah. It must be nice to have so many fellow AG collectors so close.

    *It is funny but you and Rebecca look like you could be related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I have not seen this! You are so sweet, I love what you wrote. We had such a wonderful time when you were visiting. I can't wait to come out and see you and Baby James!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails