Saturday, October 10, 2009

Allison's and Kyle's wedding

My dear lifelong friend Allison got married last week to her wonderful fiance Kyle. Both E and I couldn't be happier for them.

Allison and Kyle chose a spot right outside Rocky Mountain National Park to tie the knot. For the ceremony they chose a big beautiful meadow facing the mountains, and a stunning lodge for the reception.

Before the wedding I arrived early to support Allison, get my hair done, hang out with the other bridesmaids and drink virgin mimosas, which are really just orange juice. The day was a blast. Allison looked amazing, her dress was stunning, and getting my hair done by a professional was really nice. (I haven't had a professional up-do since high school prom! On my own wedding day my mom did my hair!)

Here are all the ladies in the bridal suite before the wedding. It was so fun spending the entire day relaxing, getting my hair done, and being with one of my best friends.
All the dresses lined up. Isn't Allison's wedding dress stunning? I adore more simple styles without beads and lace, and this dress totally fits the bill. I love it.
By the time the wedding rolled around it was just beautiful outside, however, quite chilly. Fog and clouds and settled down low against the far mountains, and the sky was gray and beautiful. Because of the filtered light, the yellow birch and aspen leaves across the valley seemed to glow more intense.

The ceremony started at 4:00 and the meadow was quite cold for us in sleeveless dresses, however, being pregnant helped keep me warm. The ceremony was stunning, Allison and Kyle are so in love, and everyone there to support them was wonderful.

The view from the lodge looking up the river. It was gorgeous in real life. The yellow leaves just vibrated with color. And the clouds moved and changed, and really set the scene.
Allison looked amazing.
Allison's mom and dad give away the bride. Can you see Kyle's face? He looks so happy.
Darn it, in the only photo of all four bridesmaids my eyes are closed! I think we all look amazing.
Husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!
As soon as the ceremony was over the sky opened up and it began to snow! Little white flakes danced around us as the groomsmen happily handed their coats to the bridesmaids. Once back in the lodge the party really started with drinks, appetizers, dinner and dancing. Allison and Kyle are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of family and friends. The toasts were beautiful, and the entire evening was unforgettable.

Me and the bride. Love this one.
At dinner. It was such an amazing night.
First dance. Aren't they adorable together?
Allison decided a perfect favor for an autumn wedding in the mountains was maple candies shaped as leaves. I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

  1. I still think you take some of the best photos!

    Thanks!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bridesmaid dress, its the prettiest maternity dress ever. The pics are great! I love weddings. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, Ooooooohhh!!!! The gorgeousness. Wonderful photos as always Jessica; thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails