Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby November's nursery - post 1

My mom and I have been working, really hard, most of the day.

It all started about six months ago when I found an image online of a very whimsical tree that I just loved. The idea of using it as a centerpiece as a nursery image came to life. Even before I knew if I was having a boy or a girl, I knew I wanted to have this tree beside the crib. Around the rest of the room I wanted silhouettes of woodland animals, giving the room a very gender neutral and whimsical feeling. For the crib bedding I'm going to just get some soft sage green, blue, and brown bedding. Nothing, other than the woodland animals, and the tree will give this room a 'theme'.

After I had my idea, I started hunting for animal silhouettes. I wanted friendly animals, nothing scary, but nothing cartoony either, and I wanted all the animals to be ones you might actually find in the woods. I wanted all the silhouettes to look real, but get the whimsical feeling from the colors I chose. I thought about painting the tree and animals but decided on getting professional grade vinyl cut and placing the huge stickers myself.

So today my mom and I worked. We first weeded (took off the backing of the custom-cut stickers), then taped, then placed. Luckily my mom knew how to do this process, because I would have been lost without her.

Everything turned out way way cuter than I could have hoped, but that said, I'm only going to post a sneak peek here. I want to wait until the crib arrives, and the bedding is purchased to show off the entire effect. So, I hope this satisfies some curiosity for at least a week or two.

Weeding is when you take off the waste sticker. Here I am pulling off the extra from around the grass blades.
My mom weeding the leaves.
The hare is weeded and ready to be taped!
My mom using a huge roll of tape on a portion of the tree. Yikes, this was scary.
Preview photos to get you excited to see the finished project. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. It looks so freaking cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Can't wait to see pics of the whole room put together and in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I can't wait to see it. Just from the teaser pics, I can tell that it is going to be so unique and cute. You are lucky to have such a creative mom. Now I know where you get it from.

    I am going to be checking back to see any upcoming posts. Have fun creating the nursery for Baby November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Was this the blue room? Did you re-paint the walls white?! It is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You & ur MOM have done really a great job in the creation of these incredible stickers & have worked more as I'm seeing in this topic . . i congratulate you for the best of luck to be a best online sticker creator from Waste Stickers

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails