Friday, January 27, 2012

Pregnancy quiz: 38 weeks

How far along: 38 weeks. Or 39 depending on which due date you are looking at.

Sleep: Horrible. One night was comically bad. James started the week with a horrible cold and on Tuesday night was up once an hour crying (reminds me of what newborns are like...). The same night I fell asleep crying due to frustration with the Ikea dresser (hello pregnancy hormones!), and it went on and on. Such a bad night. Other nights have sucked as well. Now that I have James's cold, one night I was up with a horrible sore throat, and last night I was up nearly all night because I couldn't breathe through my nose, and mouth breathing keeps me awake. Ugg... Plus, there is a lot on my mind these days. I'm not feeling very well rested to say the least.

Weight Gain/Loss: Up one pound since last week. Go me!

Belly button in or out: Out. :)

Movement: This little girl of mine keeps me company all night long. She is a night owl to the extreme. I'm a little worried.

Size of Baby: 19.5" and 6.5 lbs or so.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Everything. I've felt weepy this week (which is not me at all), I've felt exhausted. Everything hurts. I'm too far along in this pregnancy to carry James for more than just a few steps (and forget getting him in and out of his carseat...). Pelvic pressure is back with a vengeance, as is sciatic nerve pain. Plus, I have a full blown cold. I'm a real treat this week. ;)

Labor Signs: Nada. A couple of braxton hicks contractions, but nothing other than that.

Food Cravings: I have less of an appetite these days due to being sick and also hardly any room in my tummy for anything other than baby. James has hardly eaten this week either. Breaks my heart. Poor little dude.

What I miss: Ibuprofin. Like a lot. I forget how nice it is to pop a few when my throat is on fire or when my entire back is aching. Excited to have the chance again soon. Tylenol is just not cutting it.

What else I miss? Sleep. I don't think I've slept longer than three hours in a row for weeks. I'm up a lot at night. I guess this is my body's way of getting me ready for Baby Girl.

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery (there is still a lot to do!), and meeting my daughter. Oh my oh my I'm excited for that!

Weekly Wisdom: Things could be worse. Keep that in mind. James and I are sick and yucky, but its only a cold and sinus infection. Thank goodness for that, by next week we'll be feeling 100%.

Best moment this week: My baby shower last Saturday and a full spa day on Sunday. Oh my word... best weekend ever!

Milestones: 38 weeks. My "official" due date is less than a week away! (Next Thursday, gulp!)

Above: my poor sick kiddo. I have such sympathy for him. Some days are better than others, and we've left the house, but today he is back to feeling yucky.

And below, my tummy. It's been a long time since I've been able to look down and see my toes. The flash cards? Doesn't matter how many times I clean them up, the throws them all over the floor again minutes later.
Huge tummy. Messy living room. Such is life. And here is what I looked like when I was 38 weeks with James. I think I'm about the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails