I had my 40 week doctors appointment yesterday and we discussed the possibility of needing to be induced. I decided if I wasn't in labor naturally by the tenth, then the tenth it is! I wasn't induced with James, but as you remember, being six days overdue, I was pretty close to that.
My feeling is that I'll have this baby late next week. No real science to it, just a feeling (plus, if she doesn't come on her own, we will induce, my oh my!). That said, I really could have this baby at anytime. And that is scary and exciting!
The realization that I'm going to a Mama of two is really the only thing on my mind as of late. I've been bouncing back and forth from extremely excited to really really nervous. I know I can do this though. There will be hard moments (sometimes terrible moments) but I know this Baby Girl is going to be the best most wonderful gift our family of three has ever had. We'll be a family of four soon.
Some things I'm looking forward to:
- A baby girl. Oh my, so excited to have a daughter and a son.
- To share her name here. It is beautiful and perfect and wonderful. If you know our name choice, please make sure to keep quiet until I've announced it.
- Holding her. Smelling her. Loving her. Telling her that I simply adore her.
- Seeing E do all these things with his new daughter.
- Nursing. Nursing is something I was really unsure about the first time around, but it is amazing. Snuggly, and comforting, and awesome.
- Seeing James with his sister (this is also something that is giving me the most anxiety! My boy doesn't want Mama's eyes anywhere other than on himself!)
- Being able to someday (soonish) fit into normal clothes. My maternity stuff if feeling worn-out and tired.
- Valentine's Day. E and I will celebrate 13 years together.
PS - No, I'm not up at 1:30 am, just was excited to post that it was my due date, so wrote this entry yesterday.