Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More of our Cecret


Albion Basin in late July and early August is hardly a Cecret (haha! get it?) but I meet so many people in Utah that don't make the annual trek to see the wildflowers in Albion Basin. My family has been going up for my entire life, it was one of our very favorite activities growing up.

One of very favorite first photos of E and I were taking in the wildflowers when we were both 18!

So of course this year we were excited to once again head up to Alta, and hike the Cecret Lake trail (weird spelling I know, but that's correct), and see the wildflowers. As I mentioned in the last post, we also stayed for dinner and pretty much had a lovely time making memories with our little family of four.

Last year on our hike to Cecret Lake I took an almost itentical photo at the same spot. It's just that jagged mountain gets me every time.
Hiking with these three is pretty incredible. James wanted to wear his backpack. Inside was a toy train, a granola bar, and his sunglasses.
My hiking boy is pretty dang amazing.

Lakeside.

On this hike he proved to us he's big enough to do all the river crossings alone. Never needing us for balance or support, he's getting way to big way to fast.
Once we were done with our awesome hike we set up our dinner supplies near a fairy garden. Right next to our site there was a tiny spring, and a lush little valley filled with flowers. As E cooked I played with the kiddos in this magical little spot. 
It really felt like a dream.

Juliet is a pro pinecone collector, sorter, and taster.
Of course as the sun dipped lower and lower into the sky, the light became more and more beautiful. Truly, my life is golden, both figuratively and literally.
And, finally, that photo that my parents took way way back in the summer of 1999. We were newly in love (I fell HARD for E the summer after I graduated from high school) and off to college together in a few short weeks. We are both 18 here. Fourteen years later my life is even more wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails