Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm not sure I like being a principal...

I am one of three principals at my advertising agency. I can't believe I am four years out of collage and already a key decision maker here. Also, when I graduated from college I had an income goal in mind for myself, that I wanted to reach in 10 years, and only four years later I'm only 20% below my goal. That's pretty awesome.

Then why would I complain? Because being a principal means a lot of stress too. We were rocking and rolling earlier this year, and bringing in quite a few large clients. We geared up to meet the demand by hiring new people, expanding our space, and increasing overhead two fold, but now the work has slowed a little, and suddenly our expensive overhead is hard to pay.

Needless to say, my long weekend was relaxing, but there was a worry in the back of my mind niggling the entire time, and I didn't ever feel like I truly got to relax.

I hope billings for next month looks better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails