Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday header! {Weekend at home}

What an amazing four day weekend it's been. I'm beat. Today was glorious from start to finish. Woke up late due to a sleeping in baby (it is crazy that 7:45 feels late), had coffee and enjoyed the fireplace and Christmas tree while James toddled around. Then the day got better and better. This afternoon we bundled up and took the baby out in the sled. There has been so much snow today and it was a perfect outing.

The day just kept getting better and it ended with another Thanksgiving feast at my mom's house. I can't wait to upload photos and blog about it, but it will have to wait.

I was so thrilled with everything today. My life feels like a Christmas card. Coffee, baby, Christmas tree, snow gently falling, hot breakfast and then a sledding trip in the afternoon. Christmas card I tell ya.

James really likes all the baby approved ornaments on the tree. He is so gentle, it is quite sweet.
Until he turns into the Toddler Christmas Monster and wreaks havoc on everything he sees...
And then he moves onto more exciting things, like helping Mama reorganize the fridge.
Christmas card, right?
We just had such a fun time.
James was smiling and squealing the entire time. (See photo in header above). He really enjoyed himself.
Goodbye Autumn 2010 header.
Welcome holiday header.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely day indeed! Jesse owns a snow removal business so each snowflake is like a dollar bill floating down from the heavens. You got some great pics at Shauna's house, don't you love her? The Hearts are the best, she's one of my dearest friends. Great pictures, I love seeing what you come up with and your latest technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was laughing so hard at that second picture, the Christmas Tree terrorizer, that I was reminded of the crunches that I did NOT successfully complete last weekend. Ow. And love for the toddler! Seeing him in the fridge just makes me so happy.

    I hope the white-out photo of E and James in the sled is now your computer wallpaper. I would set it as mine, but that might be odd. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pictures are so great! Seriously Christmas card perfect. Where is this house?? I have to find it and do a drive by. Love love love it! You're tree is beautiful, James is amazing and his outfit cleaning out the fridge is classic. Sounds like you had a great holiday! Ours was small and calm and wonderful. 4 days of perfection in our world as well. 3 more weeks until I'm done with work and baby man hopefully makes his appearence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was about James's age my parents could only decorate the tree halfway up because I pulled off ALL the ornaments. :)

    My dad and I used to lie under the branches and watch the lights together. It's pretty darn cute. I have a pic somewhere.

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda, yes, that is Shauna's home. It is my favorite! Here are a few more of my favorite shots: http://hothotjj.blogspot.com/2010/05/taking-walk.html

    Renee, ok, I changed my wallpaper and it looks amazing! I think you should add it to yours, it would be awesome!

    Jessica, I know, Christmas card, right? This house is about a block away from my home. I'd love to show it to you! James and I walk there almost daily in the summer and at least weekly now the weather has changed.

    Three more weeks! Three more weeks! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails