Wednesday, November 24, 2010

12 months with Wolfy {My boy is 1!}

On one hand, the first 12 months feel like a lifetime. I almost don't remember what my life was like before James. On the other hand these 12 months have gone faster than any before. Time flies when you are having a blast.

This last month has been the most fun yet. I say that every month, but with each passing day James shows more of his personality and learns new fun, silly, awesome things.

He is a walking fool, as you saw. He rarely falls, and he is getting better about not face planting, which is very good. He toddles everywhere on his own. Yesterday after a diaper change I put him on the floor in his bedroom. He toddled into the kitchen, leaned down, grabbed a piece of cheese toast that he had flung on the floor a couple of hours before, had it in his mouth eating it and walking away before I even knew what hit me.

James is eating more toddler foods now too. For breakfast he often has toast, yogurt or cottage cheese, fruit and whatever else I have handy. For lunch and dinner he has grilled cheese, turkey, bread, and cheese tortillas! Gone are the days that he ate homemade pureed goodies. Now he's eating like a big kid. (Thanksgiving tomorrow is going to be a blast!)

His new tricks include waving bye bye more and more often, learning to blow a kiss, learning the meaning of all sorts of new words (we are working on tickle, door, and cold this week), and shaking his head no whenever you ask him to give you a kiss. It is so damn funny, I will catch it on camera soon.

He's still sleeping well at night and most days at nap time. He is eating bigger and bigger portions, getting more and more adventurous with his walking, and babbling with new sounds every day.

Every night after E and I put him to bed we talk about all the cute and new things he did that day, something I hope we never tire of. Marveling at your kid grow up is so awesome, I love it.

Here he is, big one year old boy with Wolfy!

All done with pictures, as you can see.
I bought this outfit a year ago, when James was tiny. I remember thinking "he will not be this big next year, how could he?" Yea, it happens. They grow too quickly. I loved this outfit the moment I saw it, especially since I already had Wolfy photos in mind. I've been saving it for a year so he could wear it today. He looked adorable, and it was worth the wait.

2 comments:

  1. WOW what a big grown up boy. It's been so fun following his little life through your blog. :) I love that outfit, it works perfectly, and it's just great for his 12-months picture. I don't remember what you said; are you going to continue to do the Wolfy pictures? Maybe a picture every birthday instead of every month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I think I'll continue doing monthly Wolfy photos until the end of his second year. And then? Who knows? Maybe every three months.

    I've been doing letters every three months but I think I'll move those back to twice a year now.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails