Saturday, July 03, 2010

For the love of food {baby edition}


I'm going to post two posts titled "For the love of food". The only difference will be that one's the baby edition, and one's the adult edition.

I've been wanting to post about James's solids for quite some time now. Since he started solids way back when he was four months old, he's become quite the pro at eating. I've been making a majority of his baby food. It is so easy, and so fun, and so cheap! I buy bottled applesauce, prune juice and boxed baby oatmeal and barley, but everything else I make.

First I either steam, bake or microwave the desired food (but fruits are always raw). Then I put them in my trusty Cuisinart, puree, and walla! Baby food with no added sugar, salt, or preservatives. Then I load the puree into ice cube trays and freeze. It equals fresh baby food in a perfect portion anytime we are ready. And one 20¢ sweet potato can make about 20 servings. Awesome!

He loves everything we give him (including peas!) and makes a huge lovable mess.

1- Watermelon, sweet potato, potatoes, carrots, papaya, oatmeal, barley and applesauce are all baby favorites.
2- I microwaved the sweet potato and scooped into my Cuisinart
3- Pureed wonderful baby goodness

4- Peas I puree raw. Cooked peas are kinda gross.
5- Everything ready for the freezer
6- Frozen baby food cubes ready to store for baby dinner

And I had to take two videos (sorry about the air conditioning hum in the first one) but I need to show off James's eating and drinking skills. He's too funny.

James LOVES his sippy cup. When it comes into view, all else is forgotten, as you can see:

And remember this video from three months ago where James gives kicks when he's ready for another bite? Well now he grunts. A lot. Totally cracks us up.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH he is too cute. _drools_ Oh, sorry. _cleans up keyboard_ anyway. I love the first video at the end when he grunts when you say "Thank you"...it almost sounds like "Your welcome". :) and his grunts are so funny...

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails