Monday, July 19, 2010

Forever Young Playground {Snowbird}

For a couple of months now I've been going to a mom's group that I found online that meets during the week. There are lots of meet-ups, most we don't attend, but we always go when the plans work with James's naps and they sound like a fun activity.

And I am so glad I went today.

Today we left the heat of the city (about 100 degrees for four days straight, brutal I tell you) and headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird. I've been to Snowbird dozens of times. I learned to ski there. I love visiting the spa at the Cliff Lodge, but never did I know that there was a playground up there.

It was amazing! Like a secret discovery! Because the playground is kind of hidden, I'm not sure many know about it. It is nestled right in the trees and aspens shoot up merrily right next to the slides. And the moms that were up there were awesome. Most of them I was meeting for the first time and there were two baby boys, in addition to James.

It was so wonderful to be up the mountains, chatting with new friends and happily helping my little guy eat cherries and crackers. And swing on these totally nifty swings. We had a blast.

Yippee! We found a new park in the mountains! We are thrilled!
1- Not many city parks have signs to not approach the cougars, porcupines, moose and other residents. How cool is that?
2- Check out the view from the playground!

James seemed to be so impressed from the view he kept looking up. When I snapped this totally adorable photo I noticed you could quite clearly see his toofies. Yea!
I can't wait to go back there. So fun.
This guy is amazing. I never thought I'd love him as much as I do. I always knew I would be head over heals about him, but wow, the amount of love my heart can hold, I never imagined.
And, last but not least, I took a video of James laughing on the nifty swings. (He's on a blanket because they were hot!) Isn't that laugh too funny?

2 comments:

  1. Ethan7:20 AM

    What can I say, he is just to to darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you and James! He is so cute! Sam and I had a great time.
    Hope to see you again!
    Nicole and Sam

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails