Monday, July 26, 2010

Lake Solitude


E, James and I continued our weekly tradition yesterday with a weekend hike. This week we chose Lake Solitude, which starts at the very beautiful and very popular Silver Lake in Brighton Ski Resort. James loved practicing his walking (with help) at the beginning of the hike on the board walk.

Then up the trail we went. James happily talking to the sky, the trees, the dirt, the pine cones and the squirrels. E and I mostly hiking in silence, just enjoying each others' company. Isn't love that's been around awhile wonderful? Sometimes E and I are silent, and we don't feel like we are missing anything, just being with the other person is all that matters.

Anyway, back to the hike, James loves hiking. He smiles and giggles and squeals and makes his totally adorable cough-laugh a lot.

And when I was not basking in the love I have for these two boys, or soaking up the awesome beauty of the Utah mountains, I was thinking about James's first birthday party. I want to do a woodland theme (like his nursery) and although I don't want my boy to grow up too fast, I am quite excited to host his first birthday.



In the first photo James is tasting a pine cone. Don't think he liked it judging by the expression on his face. And don't you love his hiking shoes? I do. And below, I guess you can see that James was thrilled that E was home from Japan. And tasting some leaves, of course!



Love my little hikin' buddy and can't get over his cute fat thighs.
All the smiling, talking and giggling wore him out. On the way back down the trail he conked out. So cute.

1 comment:

  1. I had a teacher once who told us that having a comfortable silence with someone was one of the signs of real friendship. :-)
    I can't get over those cute thighs either - seriously. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails