Friday, July 09, 2010

Thank you for loving me

To celebrate four of the most amazing years of my life I want to thank E for some very important things:

Thank you for being a spectacular husband
Thank you for being a fantastic father
Thank you for making weekend brunch every weekend
Thank you for working so hard every day to provide for your family
Thank you for James

Thank you for vacuuming
Thank you for mowing the lawn
Thank you for making me coffee in the mornings
Thank you for loving the kitties, you and I both know you're their favorite
Thank you for James

Thank you for helping me make our Yosemite wedding dreams come true
Thank you for always being there, through postpartum anxiety, my parents' divorce, and all of life's ups and downs
Thank you for making your baby boy laugh and squeal
Thank you for carrying him on hikes
Thank you for James

Thank you for the four years we've been married
Thank you for the 11.5 years we've been dating
Thank you for dealing with me when I was 18, and still loving me, I know I was a pain in the ass
Thank you for paying the mortgage each month
Thank you for James

I love you more than the day I married you. Thank you for loving me so much.

Walking down the aisle in the Ahwahnee meadow to meet my soon to be husband!
The ceremony was mostly words from John Muir about love and nature and the beautiful "temple" of Yosemite.
Yosemite is stunning. We love it so so much.
And the Ahwahnee Hotel is unreal. Getting married there was literally a dream.
We spent an entire week in Yosemite after the wedding. One of our favorite activities? Swimming in the Merced River.
And above: E and I took all our formal portraits before the ceremony. This was our first kiss after E seeing me in my wedding dress. Nope, we were not yet married at this point. Scandalous!

5 comments:

  1. You're going to make me cry at work! I love you more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful look back. It was such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sweet words, I love you. Sorry the divorce hurt you, and continues to hurt you, but I had to start living for me, instead of everybody else. Great pictures, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! I have always wanted to go to the awahnee. My parents go every year for their anniversary & it looks so beautiful. Congrats on 4 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a beautiful dress.. I love the hints of red. My parents got their pictures taken before their wedding too. I can see how it could be nice...no photographs for two hours after the ceremony. I don't think I'm going to do it that way...just because I'm a traditionalist and I don't want my future dh seeing me in my wedding dress beforehand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails