Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I survived being run over by death

I survived being run over by death. Monday at 2:00 am it hit me. Woke up with a tummy ache, you know the kind... first thing I though "I wonder if I'm pregnant?"

Then I barfed. Again and again and again. By morning I was so weak that I literally couldn't stand up. E decided to take the day off. What else could he do? Someone had to take care of the baby and both our Moms were unable.

I saw James a total of three times the entire day. When it was time to nurse him, E would bring him to me, place him on the boob and then take him away when he was done. At one point I wanted to wash my hair. Standing up in the shower was too much, and I threw up what little was in my tummy (a few sips of sprite and two crackers).

So, anyway, I survived. Yesterday I was still quite weak, but E needed to go to work. Today I am 95% better. What a relief. I haven't been this sick in a long long time.

No, I didn't blog. You might have thought I blogged since my last post published on Monday. Well I had pre-blogged that over the weekend and scheduled it to post on Monday morning. Sneaky sneaky.

So an update on my Grandma: Sunday went okay, the surgery was long and complex. Six surgeons worked on her arm because they needed 12 hands. Wowzers. It was a four hour surgery and afterward when she was not responding as she should, fears of another stroke were brought up. I was so scared and saddened. A lot of Sunday evening was waiting to hear good news, and it did come. No stroke. THANK GOD! Still her left side is not responding as it should, and because her right arm was shattered there is little hope of her doing anything on her own like eating, drinking or brushing or teeth for a long time.

But her brain is okay.
What an ordeal.

My mom and aunt are at their wit's end, as you can imagine. Finally my Grandma was doing better, and now it feels like someone hit the rewind button and she is back to not being able to walk, wearing diapers, and not being able to move. We are thankful she is alive.

So, things are plugging along. I am saddened by the fact that James's Great Grandma Barbara might not be able to attend his first birthday party. I am thrilled and baffled that my boy is going to be one is TWO WEEKS from today. And I'm on the mend. Still a touch weak, but as I said, 95% better.

And who wants a post without a photo? Not me!

Snapped this with my phone this morning. It was COLD! When I texted it to E he responded and said James looked "snuggley and grumpy." Yep, that about sums it up. He's cutting two teeth right now, fun fun. On the walk back home, when I thought to myself that it couldn't get any colder, it started snowing. Brrrr...

3 comments:

  1. If he's having a bad time with teething (as most do), be sure to pick up some of these!
    http://www.hylands.com/products/teething.php

    I kid you not, they are God's gift to parents! Tyler didn't need them, but Kaiden and Addison were teething nightmares. We might not have made it if not for Teething Tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zuke, I loved Hylands too! But they just got recalled! About two weeks ago... how can this happen when I need those babies!?

    We're pulling through here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's been a particularly hard week! I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet grandma... sounds like the results of the surgery have been bittersweet. I hope she starts to show more improvement in her arm! What a hard thing to have to go through for your family! AND there is nothing worse than a killer stomach flu... I'm happy to hear you are mostly well again. :) Hopefully a better week is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails