Thursday, November 04, 2010

Wheeler farm on a November day

Yesterday was glorious, as I'm sure you heard. A friend and I decided it would be a perfect afternoon to go to Wheeler Farm. Wheeler Farm is a public park here in Salt Lake that is actually a working farm, with cows, chickens, turkeys and lots of other farm animals. It is close to my house, so a super fun and easy activity.

We arrived after morning nap and were so happy to let our boys play. Both of us have November 2009 baby boys (only three weeks apart) so in addition to helping our boys walk around the farm, we always have lots to talk about regarding baby food, sleep, crawling, and whatever else. Oh, and first birthday parties, we spend a good amount of time chatting about the upcoming first birthday.

We really had a great time, mostly due to the weather. The sun felt nice and warm and in the shade never felt too cold. We ended the day near the huge pile of pumpkins left over from Halloween and the falling apart hay bale maze. I am soaking up every last minute of sun before winter comes.

James still loves trees. And the second picture is zoomed in, notice he explores the world with his little pointer finger.

Here are the November boys. Trying to get a photo of these two both looking at the camera and smiling is not working. So instead, I give you this.
This one cracks me up. James is like "I want to touch you, but I won't look at you" and his friend is like "whoa man, keep your hands to yourself!"



Remember that I said not long ago if you put him up to something thinking "he'll hold on" he often twists away and starts walking (and falling on his face) before you know what hit you. Well here he is in action. No he didn't face plant on this walk, but he did soon after. Poor man. Guess he just wasn't that interested in the horse.




Again, no such luck with both boys smiling, much less looking at me.
As I said, the cottonwood trees were unreal. So yellow!
And here is a video where I catch Baby Man waving, doing a binky swap, acting silly and you get to see proof of his face plant (big red mark on his face). It is kind of long and un-interesting unless you are blood related. Then you are required to watch. ;)

1 comment:

  1. So happy I am required to watch the videos! And that I finally got to see an actual binky swap!! But, poor little face!I think it's so unfair it has to hurt so much to grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails