Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Booked a trip up North

E and I have agreed: this year might be one of our last years to take a big trip together without children. Since we've decided to start trying for a baby, we've realized that our life is going to change more than we ever know. Before that happens, both E and I would love to take one more international trip. Over the last four months we've been throwing around trip ideas, doing research, and coming up with budgets. I'd like to go to China or Thailand, E would like to go back to Italy or visit Norway.

Both of us agreed that all of the above might be a little expensive, with our limited funds. So, we started looking into Canada. We can fly for free with Skymiles to Calgary, rent a car and take a week long road trip into Banff and Jasper National Parks, something both E and I have always wanted to do. Hotels are surprisingly affordable even in the high season and we are happy to eat picnic lunches most days. So, last night, while checking prices one last time we decided to book it! We will be heading to Canada in August for a week among the most beautiful mountains the world has to offer. AND, we decided to splurge just a little and spend two nights in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (again, quite affordable when you book through sites like hotels.com!).

Here are a few photos of what we have to look forward to. Right now I am grinning from ear to ear, as you can imagine. Happy travels!

Here are three of the nearly thousands of lakes in the Canadian Rockies. All of them are stunning. I imagine we'll have to rent a canoe while we're there.

Like I said, we decided to splurge a little and say here, in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. This hotel was built by a railroad tycoon over 100 years ago to try to persuade people to travel to this part of the world. I think it worked.
I'm sure one of the things E and I will do while at the Banff Springs Hotel is to get a day pass to their spa. Looks awesome. From the skylight you might think you were in New York City, but I think that is just one of the towers on the hotel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you two are going to have a great time. When I first saw that you were going to Jasper National Park, it made me think of Twilight! :)

    The hotel looks beautiful and I am sure you are going to get a lot of great shots with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails