Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Letter to James: three months




Dear James,

The day I married your Daddy I thought I could love nothing more. He was caring, loving, handsome, wonderful. Everything I had ever hoped for, and so so much more.

Then the day you were born my heart grew even bigger. Never had I felt this amount of love in one single moment. It was almost as if my heart was breaking from the pure joy of it all. I never thought I could love someone more than I loved you right then.

But I can.

Every day my heart grows bigger with my love for you. Every day I'm dumbfounded and shocked at how much my heart can hold. You are wonderful. You are everything I hoped you would be, and so much more.

I can't describe what you mean to me. You and your father are my world. My everything. I can't imagine being happier, more in love, and then you do it, you make me fall in love even deeper.

Your coos, your smiles, the way you kick your legs, your splashing, your sweet tummy, your full head of hair, and even your cries make me fall deeper in love.

I love the way you snuggle up to me when you eat. I love the way you sigh in my hair when I burp you. I love the way your eyes follow me around the room, never leaving me. I love that even the sight of me can make you smile from ear to ear.

How could one little boy have such power? Because you are my son, and that is the power sons have over their Mamas. They make them love them absolutely and without question. They make their hearts grown bigger and hold more with each passing day.

James, you are perfect. I love you. And I always will.

-Mama

Above are some of the funny faces I captured when James was waking up from his nap. He's such a goof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails