Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

What a wonderful day it has been. James slept the best he's ever slept last night (Happy Valentine's Day Mama!) and only woke up once at 6:30 am. That means he slept for over ten hours! After his feeding at 6:30 I put him back down (lucky, I know) and the entire family slept in till past nine, and James slept until past ten. Heavenly.

After waking up late we made a fantastic breakfast of pink heart-shaped pancakes, hash browns, eggs and coffee. Then we relaxed at home for awhile and James gave us another wonderful gift: his first giggle! It wasn't super long, but as I kissed James's neck and tickled him, he did it! It was so awesome.

And I got a smile on camera. Melts my heart.
Later we were trying to get him to giggle again for the camera, but he was acting a little fussy. I uploaded the video anyway, because he's so darn cute, even when mad. And he smiles a bit in the video. (Yes, I sound like a psycho in this video, but I was quite excited).

Afterward we headed up to Park City, a tradition we've been doing on Valentine's since the very beginning. Eleven years ago on Valentine's Day, E and I headed up to Park City with a couple of friends. We ate lunch, shopped historic Main Street and overall had a great day. We've done the same ever since.

James was great, looking around and never making a peep. I think he loves being out and about with us.

Main Street Pizza & Noodle is where E and I had lunch in Park City all those years ago. Good memories.
Once home we gave him a baby bath, and he was grinning up a storm. Every time I got the camera out he'd look very concerned, but finally I caught one! He's getting cuter by the day. Then we dressed him for bed and James and E snuggled. I had to get a photo, because not every lady is lucky enough to have two Valentine's men.

Caught another smile when he was in the tub! And I just love this guy's hair!
Honestly, is there anything better in this world than the love between a father and son?
And look at his little hands. He's been touching one hand to the other only within the last few days. These little changes are so neat to watch.
All zonked out.
After putting James down for bed E and I made a fantastic dinner of BBQed ribs, potatoes, green beans, cornbread and wine.

Fantastic Day.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the heart is coming out of his head in the top picture! Too sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails