Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Valentine - 11 years



My valentine and I decided that instead of presents this year, we would treat ourselves to a very nice dinner. And, because we decided this a little late, reservations for the 13th and 14th were already booked up, so we scheduled our Valentine's dinner for last night, the 12th.

We had had such a fun time at Log Haven last July, we were waiting for a perfect time to return. So last night I fed James, and put him to bed at his regular early bed time. Then my mom and Chuck came over with a movie, and E and I were off! This was the first dinner out, sans baby, since his birth. And it was awesome.

Log Haven is up Millcreek Canyon, so the setting is divine. The restaurant is in an old log home, so the ambiance couldn't be better for a special dinner. E and I ordered drinks, two (yes two!) appetizers, salads, a fantastic dinner, dessert, and coffee. We totally splurged, and it was well worth it. Everything was wonderful, and the conversation was easy flowing and not entirely centered on the baby.

I can't believe I've been with this man for 11 years. We toasted to eleven more wonderful years, and lots more years after that.

Above -
1. Yummy cocktail with rose petals floated on top
2. Grilled Monterey Bay Calamari with peppers, tomato coulis, lime aioli
3. Herb Roasted Olives and Almonds with artisan cheese, Creminelli’s salami
4. My dinner of Double R Ranch Signature Filet Mignon with green peppercorn-gruyere potatoes, roasted beets, malbec demi glace, garlic chips
5. My dessert of Lime Curd Tart with grilled mangos, coconut ice cream, gingered pineapple sauce, sugared Sai-fun noodle
6. E's dessert of Local Goat Cheesecake with candied walnut crust, Madeira roasted dates, hard cider syrup

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I wanted to comment on the Feb 14th post, but I didn't see a spot. I just love the photos of James!! He is too adorable. I think it is awesome how you and E have so many traditions. Your Valentine's tradition sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post...well this post makes me very hungry! I am glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails