Monday, March 08, 2010

Hint of spring at the farmhouse

Last weekend E and I packed up the babe and joined Connie and David down at the farmhouse. It went from being very wintry and snowy to being somewhat spring-like (yes, it was only 50 degrees, but when I don't need a coat, it feels spring-like to me).

James did a great job sleeping in his travel crib again, but was quite fussy during his waking hours. Not sure if he was uncomfortable or just grumpy.

That said, we did have a great time, and even with Fussy McGoo on our hands, we were able to get a few great photos.

1- On Sunday morning E braved the cold and made Dutch Oven German pancakes for us. Can you tell me love this recipe? We make it almost every weekend.
2- When James finally went down for a nap, we got out some cheese and crackers and our favorite game Quarkel and enjoyed the afternoon.

Getting the baby man to sleep at nap time requires snuggles from Mama. I'm always up for the task, however.
E, Connie and David enjoy snack hour in the warm farmhouse kitchen.
We took a couple of walks down to the old barn on "Gordan's Lane". The big barn doors made a perfect backdrop for some silly baby photos. I'm in love with all of these, hence the reason I had to post them all. To see them bigger, just click on them.




Yes, although the entire ground was still covered with snow, I still say there was a hint of spring in the air.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the pictures! James is just too cute! (Not so much of a wonder with you and your hubby as parents)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails