Thursday, March 04, 2010

Baby shower alphabet book

Remember way back when at my baby shower when I said "the idea was was to make an alphabet book for Baby November out of hand drawn images. Each guest grabbed a page with a single letter on it, and the idea was to draw something starting with that letter (people could choose the letter, and whatever they wanted to draw on that page). Then, when the entire book is finished, we gather all the pages and bound them into a wonderful book. The idea was a huge hit, as we sat there in the September sun Connie worked on "C is for cat", Laura worked on "P is for pumpkin", Brooke worked on "L is for love", Melissa finalized "H is for Home", and so on. All the images were wonderful, just beautiful. I can't wait to bound this into a book, and I'll be sure to make a blog entry about it soon!"

Well when you're a mom to a newborn, I guess "soon" is four months because over the last few days I finally bound the book with a sweater I cut up and finished the embroidered cover. It turned out AWESOME. If anybody needs a wonderful keepsake idea for a baby shower, this is the one.

Here is my wonderful alphabet book in all of its glory. Thank you to everyone that did a page or two, it turned out perfectly.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome idea Jessica! What a cute Baby Shower activity. Glad to see you are doing so well and your son is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the cute book I really want to do something like this for Logan. Also I might start a mom and TOT play group would you like to come to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love it! Love it! When you first mentioned this I got an idea to do this with my scrapbooking buddies, but haven't got around to it yet.
    I am sure James will love it when he is old enough to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I might be interested in the playgroup! Will there be any other little ones James's age?

    As far as making the book, there is a page for each letter of the alphabet. Then I stitched it together and used a soft fabric cover. Here is a link: http://www.ehow.com/video_2378417_sew-book-binding_-part-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails