Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday party at our house


Each week for the last couple of weeks we've been having a family party on Sunday around 3:00 pm. This gives my Grandma an excuse to get out of the nursing facility at least once a week and have a home cooked meal. Two weekends ago we went to Laura's and had corned beef and cabbage and last weekend we were unable to attend a get together at my mom's. This weekend it was our turn to host the party.

James was in a wonderful mood, which has been a little rare this week, do to some pre-teething (?) fussiness. He smiled and grinned and got passed from person to person never raising a fuss. My mom brought manicotti for dinner and Mike and Kendra provided a fantastic homemade strawberry shortcake. E and I took care of appetizers, because a party isn't a party without cocktail hour (even if it is at 3:00 pm!).

My grandma is doing wonderfully. She is making huge leaps and bounds, even walking into the house by herself this week, something I didn't think was possible only weeks ago. She still has some confusion, but overall is doing amazing. Her favorite thing to do? Hold Baby James and tell him how much she loves him.

Grandma Barbara talks to Melissa while holding her great grandson.
Melissa and my mom enjoy cocktail hour. And notice my awesome Asian-inspired candle holder. This was a Christmas gift from my hubs.
Uncle Mike and Baby James. We noticed that they have opposite hair. James has a lot on the top, but has lost most of it on the side. Visa versa for Mike.
Kendra, E and I.
And the sweet baby man in all his glory.
Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear your grandma is doing so much better! Wonderful pictures as always. James has the best eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails