Sunday, March 14, 2010

Love

One thing that surprised me as a mother is how much I love breastfeeding. Before James was born I was very worried about breastfeeding, and even the whole idea kind of grossed me out (I mean, he'll be sucking on my boob!). But quickly after James was born I decided I loved this time with him. He snuggles up against me and we have thirty minutes of undisturbed Mama/baby time. Sometimes I'll watch tv or read a book while feeding him. Sometimes I'll eat dinner (most nights!), sometimes I'll play on my phone. But many times I'll just look down at him in wonder and think how much I adore him.

After James eats I put him up on my shoulder to burp him. If he's sleepy he'll snuggle against my neck and sigh softly. I just love it.

And I have two photos to prove it. Yes, I'm going to post a breastfeeding photo! For the internet to see! I hope when you look at it, however, you just see the love.

James, I pull you up onto my shoulder and gently pat your back. You sometimes let out little burps, but it is the gentle sighs that make me melt.
One of my favorite times of the day is when you are hungry. We settle into a chair, get cozy and spend 30 minutes snuggled.
Two side notes: 1- Doesn't James's hair look RED in the first photo? It is changing color, and is certainly on the auburn side. 2 - Although James is in the same outfit in both photos, they were taken on different days. The first photo is from last Saturday, the second is from this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Too sweet. I love James's quite obvious mohawk in the first picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Agreed... I love breastfeeding too :) The little sighs are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails