Monday, August 11, 2008

Five things I'm really going to miss about the condo

We are moving in two weeks. E and are so excited! Our new backyard is so big, our new kitchen is so nice, and the doll room, oh the doll room...

But there are things we are going to miss, really really miss, here they are in no specific order.

1. Our big bedroom. One of the best things about our current place is the size of our bedroom. It is big, bright and beautiful. We have all of our ocean liner posters framed and hanging in our room. The walls are painted the color of the ocean, light and bright in the day and darker blue at night, such a cool color. And we have a walk in closet. At our new house we have a tiny master bedroom. There will not be enough wall space to hang our ocean liner posters, and the closet it miniature.

I will miss my beautiful (big) bedroom.
2. The swimming pool and hot tub. Our condo has a community swimming pool and hot tub. They are only open in the summer, but I love visiting both in the late summer evenings. E usually stays home and I walk to the pool alone. I usually bring a book or just plan on enjoying watching the darkening sky. Most summer nights you can find me enjoying the hot tub and pool around 9:00.

I will miss this evening tradition.
3. The reading nook. The reading nook is a large window seat we have in our upstairs office. In the fall, winter and spring E and I spend almost every weekend afternoon there, napping. We called in the reading nook because it looked like such a great place to curl up with a good book, but alas, no reading is actually ever done there. We just sleep sleep sleep.

I will really really miss the reading nook.
4. The view from my bed. When I open my eyes in the morning this is what I see. No joke, this is the view from my pillow.

I will really miss this.
Closer view of the bowl-
5. My backyard. Right now we have the most darling little backyard. I have always thought of it as a little secret garden. Everything is so green and shaded in my backyard, it almost feels like another world. E and I eat 90% of all our summer and autumn meals out there, both lunch and dinner at our mini bistro table. We listen to the pond, enjoy the shade of the huge silver maple, and talk about the day.

I will miss my little secret garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails