Monday, August 18, 2008

Lazy days

I love lazy days, love them. Especially when so much is going on like packing, cleaning, looking for a new job, furniture shopping on a budget, updating my resume, and planning a trip to Japan. Because of all this, I really was looking forward to a short weekend at the farmhouse.

Of course we did what we always do at the farmhouse – nothing. David, E and I drove down on Saturday around lunch time. We went hawk watching with E's new binoculars (birthday gift!) and enjoyed the temps that are finally cooling.

Sunday we went to breakfast at the retro '50s diner on main street and relaxed at the house. I hauled a thick quilt and pillow outside and flopped down in the shade and read. I started reading Twilight, which is major brain candy, and proving to be a quick read. I snacked on dry cereal, played with my dolls and enjoyed the fact that I had nothing to do.

Plus the weather was 100% perfect, so I couldn't complain about a thing.

Relaxing with a book-
More relaxing on the lawn-
Also the thistles were in bloom, this is near where E and I want to place our first geocache.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    For furniture, I would recommend a good couch, and then make a trek to your local IKEA. If you don't live close to one, rent a U-haul and make a weekend of it. QVC has great rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you on geocaching.com? We should become friends there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    Ethan is on geochaching.com, his user name is EthanT. You MUST find my geochache once we place it! I can't wait.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! I requested to add Ethan as a friend... let me know when you post your first cache! I have yet to actually hide anything...

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails