Sunday, August 22, 2010

Travel day was yucky

We are home. Finally.

Yesterday was not fun. Travel days are never fun. Schlepping luggage, getting up early, standing in airport lines, sitting on airplanes. All of it is yucky. And yesterday was especially bad.

That said, James was pretty darn good for how bad the day was.

I'll make this short, who wants to read about bad travel days anyway?
  • James woke up nice and early crying in his bathroom suite
  • We left the hotel by 7:30
  • We go to JFK, through security and to the Sky Club without any hitches
  • We then found out our plane wasn't due to leave at 9:50 like originally planned, but instead at noon due to mechanical problems
  • We swore under our breaths about the two hour delay
  • We chilled in the Sky Club for a long time
  • We found out at noon that the plane couldn't be fixed and they were trying to find us a new one
  • Two more hours were added to our delay
  • We swore, this time aloud, and hoped James would continue to hold out
  • We finally boarded the plane and left 4.5 hour later than the original departure time
  • We flew cross country with a fussy and tired baby. Overall he was okay, no major crying, but some fussiness
  • We finally arrived home
  • We slept in our own beds
So, as you can see, it was not the greatest of days. But at least we are home, safe and sound. And our trip was so so wonderful.

The day started with us packing our last belongings while James chilled on the bed. Is there anything cuter than a tiny baby on a kind sized bed?
This was our spot in the Sky Club for five hours. We had a view of the terminal below, which James enjoyed.
Although James looks fussy in this photo, he actually was having a good time visiting the flight attendants. He makes friends with everyone.
After hours of him fussing on my lap, I decided to put him on the floor in front of me. He loved it and happily sat down there for over thirty minutes.
And of course I gave great thought to all of his outfits for this trip. On our last travel day he wore the outfit that read "this is the plane... that took me back to my house... to see my dog." Very fitting for the day we were headed home. (I also love this outfit because the little house is a pocket. So cute!)

4 comments:

  1. OMG is he wearing an outfit with an airplane on it? SO. CUTE. Cutest baby ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I love the last photo; he looks so happy in his secret cubby! My mother would roll her eyes because I would get out of bed in the middle of the night as a child and sleep underneath it. Being on the floor ROCKS. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, not only does his outfit have a plane on it, but it reads "This is the plane that took me back to my house to see my dog."

    I'll take some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know fashion really does help plane rides go better. :) I LOVE the red outfit.

    I am glad you all made it back with out any major melt downs. With that kind of delay even adults can melt down. Good for James for rolling with things so well.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails