Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Watermelon on the porch

It is hot here. Really hot.

Every day in the afternoon I struggle to think of things that will keep James entertained in the oppressive heat. Outings to the mountains and trips to the pool help, but many days we go down to our basement to try to cool off.

Today I decided to slice up some cold watermelon and sit on the front porch in the shade. It was still super hot, but I love watching James masterfully twist his mesh feeder that was filled with watermelon and watch the juice drip down.

So much juice. And watermelon stains.

So after three stained outfits earlier in the season, I've learned my lesson. James wears only a diaper and a waterproof bib when he eats watermelon. And he always has to be outside, because there is a puddle of watermelon juice under him when he's done.

Ah, summer. Watermelon on the porch on a sticky sweaty day. And after he was done, he was even stickier.



1 comment:

  1. What awesome pictures! I always come here when I need a smile.

    I love those baby feeding bags, I think they are brillant! I used them with Max.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails