Monday, August 02, 2010

Sunday downtown

E and I decided to do a NYC test run. We took the babe and the stroller downtown yesterday afternoon instead of staying home and letting James take his second nap, because we'd like to know what we're in for. New York is only two weeks away!

The afternoon started at our FAVORITE Mexican restaurant in Utah, Red Iguana. Seriously, this place is beyond amazing. James happily ate crackers while E and I gobbled chips and salsa. He made friends with all the patrons at other tables, three waiters and the water guy. Everyone loved his big friendly smile (who doesn't?).

Then our food came. Oh my god, the food... I ordered carne asada tacos, and these things are amazing. I also decided on a non-alcoholic mango margarita. E ordered their awesome pork carnitas.

James wasn't too happy that Mama and Daddy had amazing Mexican food and he was left only with crackers. So I decided to let him try my virgin margarita. Big mistake. He LOVED it. For the rest of the meal he was only happy when there was a big bite of sweet mango goodness between his lips. So funny.

Notice in the photo of me James is already reaching for the mango-heaven-drink.

Lunch. Amazingly tasty.
After lunch we went to Clark Planetarium and looked around at all the space displays. James knew is was nap time and was mildly interested in everything, but was a touch fussy. Soon we put him in his stroller, reclined it, gave him his binky and did a little shopping at the Gateway Mall.

James didn't sleep. Not for even a moment. He happily looked around, fussed a bit and made more friends all over the mall. By the time we were home he was quite grumpy about his missed nap and had a baby meltdown during dinner time.

Let's hope he figures out that his stroller is awesome to sleep in and doesn't freak out in NYC.

Mars-scape and Moon-scape with Daddy and Mama.

E loved space as a little boy. I imagine James will too.
Note: These photos look a little less than par? Yea, I forgot my camera so all of them were taken with my cell phone.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Such a cute smile.

    I can't even tell you took most of your pics with your cell phone...they still look good to me. :)

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails