Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday preparations have begun...

I am so excited for James's first birthday. I know James will not remember a darn thing from the day, and don't even have high hopes that he'll not be overwhelmed and fussy, but I want to celebrate. I want to celebrate a really great kid and a year since I became a Mama.

So I've started. For awhile now I've been thinking about and planning his woodland themed first birthday party. (I want to base it roughly off his nursery). I want to use all autumn colors (he is a Thanksgiving baby after all), have some of the decorations based on woodland animals and plants, and try to make my house feel like a magical forest.

Too much to ask? Nope, I don't think so, especially since I'm getting started so early.

Today I used an exacto knife and a gum eraser to carve out a custom stamp. I bought brown butcher paper to make my own wrapping paper, and it was so satisfying seeing the wrapping paper I've imagined come together.

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come:

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, somehow I missed seeing (or at least I don't remember) the pictures of James's nursery. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the woodland theme. I'm in love with all the little owls and animals you see everywhere, especially on fabric. I love all of the vinyl clings... I plan on getting a few of them I found on etsy for my redecorated room.
    It's hard to believe James is already 1. I remember when you first announced it on AGFMB. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails