Sunday, September 09, 2012

Juliet is 7 months {Patsy Ann!}

My sweet girl is speeding (speeding I tell you!) through babyhood. She is already seven months old. Before I know it we'll be celebrating her first Halloween, Christmas and then she'll be one.

Oh my goodness.

Juliet is amazing at seven months and lots has happened in the last month.

She got her first two teeth! She started sleeping in her crib in her own room at night (which is an entire bag of mixed emotions), she started to enjoy solid foods, and she spent her first night away from when when I was in the hospital.
She is such a calm happy baby and so easy to please. She is happiest with Mama and Dada and simply loves James. She can not get enough of him.

She was adamant that when I was gone she would not take a bottle. I figured she'd get hungry enough and finally relent. I was wrong. She never took a bottle, instead preferring to fill up on sweet potato and applesauce. Since then she's also had squash, carrot and peach. Loves it all.

She's gotten a lot better at tummy time (still not pushing up, but at least not crying), she has enough hair to put a tiny clip in it, and she LOVES to be swaddled.

Sleep has been a little bit of an issue for us. Once upon a time she was a horrible sleeper (only wanting to snuggle), then she turned into a good sleeper, and then a great sleeper. I don't know if it's teeth or what, but she is not that great any more.

I figured she was old enough to stop the swaddle and one night I finally gave in at four a.m. after we'd both been up all night. Once she was swaddled again? Fell right asleep. Because she doesn't have her hands free, if she looses the binky in the night she can't retrieve it herself, so there's that.

And also she wants to nurse. A lot. At night. I try to resist, I really do, but after she's been up for an hour fussing, crying, whatever, and it is three a.m., I finally give in, and she always drifts right back.

We thought being close to me was the issue, so we moved her to her own room. It is crazy, at first I only wanted her sleeping in her crib, but now that she's been at my bedside for seven months it feels really lonely to not have her right there next to me.

Last night she was up three times to nurse even though she was in her own room, so that wasn't all that fun. Especially since she used to sleep from 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. Let's hope it is teeth and she'll back to her normal (awesome) sleeping soon.

Now onto likes and dislikes.

LIKES:
The kitties. She'll spy Rumpus from across the room and laugh so hard.
James. Nothing gets her laughing like her big brother.
Sitting up, watching the world.
Her rice crackers. She loves them and they disappear surprisingly fast.
Being outside.
Her swaddle.
Snuggles with Mama.

DISLIKES:
Losing the binky when she's trying to fall asleep.
New foods. Once she's had the new flavor 3-5 times she starts to like it, but she is not happy the first few times.
Nap time woes. She goes down super easily 75% of the time, the other 25% of the time it is really tough.
Not being nursed when she wants, even if it's 4:00 a.m. and she just nursed two hours ago.

Wonky sleep and all, this girl is wonderful. Better than wonderful, she's perfect.
And oh so loved. Happy seven months!

And from 1 month until now:








Outfit details-
Dress - Handmedown
Hair clip - Homemade
Red ruffle bloomers - eBay

2 comments:

  1. She's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails