Saturday, September 22, 2012

Welcome Autumn

Today is the first "official" day of autumn. In my mind autumn starts on September 1st, but that is neither here nor there.

I've been itching to go back to Thanksgiving Point Gardens. We didn't make it this year for their tulip festival, but I've been before in September and remembered it was just divine.

Sometimes I feel like I say the same ten sentences over and over here, "it was perfect", "the weather was divine", "our kiddos are amazing", etc. I sound like an old broken record that is sappy sweet and you are tired of listening to already.

So I won't say any of those things. I'll just encourage you, if you are from Utah, to check out Thanksgiving Point Gardens. They are glorious (sorry, glorious just slipped in there, I couldn't help it... promise).





Going in the late afternoon creates just the loveliest etherial light.
James was obsessed with watching the river on this bridge. So much so that he had to peek through the slats to see the water flow beneath him.



I wanted to recreate this photo a bit from the same spot when James was four months old. Below is the face James gives us when we ask him to smile. Totally cracks me up. (And click on that link, you won't be disappointed).

Sure glad E knows his way around my camera because I force it on him quite often.






Best smiles? Provided by Daddy who jumped and pretended to fall down. James kept saying "do that again Daddy!"

At the end of the loop we took my waterfall loving boy to see the amazing waterfall feature they have there. He was entranced.

Happy first day of fall.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Always worthy of family portraits! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails