Sunday, October 14, 2012

Then and then and then and now {farmhouse}

Our family of four is home from a day trip to the farmhouse. We are exhausted. Beyond exhausted, but happy. The weather was perfect and the kiddos were 85% perfect. (I'll let you imagine the remanning 15%). But before I call it a night, I wanted to post just one photo. And re-post four old ones. 

Time sure does fly!

In July 2009, E and I visited the farmhouse. I was 24 weeks pregnant, and he snapped this photo of me near one of my favorite spots in Mt. Pleasant.
I went back to the same location when I was 36 weeks pregnant with James and took another photo. I think I got quite a bit bigger between 24 weeks and 36 weeks. ;)
A year later, in July 2010 we recreated the shot again. I was no longer pregnant and I had a 7.5 month old!
Then in January of this year E took another shot of me in the same spot (January you say? No snow? Yea, it was a very weird winter). James was two and big and independent and amazing and I was 36 weeks pregnant (notice I was about the same size with James's pregnancy at 36 weeks). Wow.
Five weeks later our lives changed forever when we welcomed Juliet into our family.

And today we walked to the same spot again. James is almost three. THREE. How is that possible?! And Juliet? My sweet tiny baby is closer to one than a newborn.

So here we are, again. James 35 months, Juliet 8 months, and me, well a whole hell of a lot of months. More than I care to figure out.
More (lots lots more) farmhouse photos to come.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you take all the then and know, before and after, this time and that time photos. Very cool! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails