I try to keep a positive attitude in life. I feel like attitude counts for 90% of the outcome of any situation.
But 9 days without E (he left at the beginning of one weekend and didn't get home until the end of the following weekend) was a lot. Taking care of a toddler, non-stop, alone, being pregnant, while is snowed outside (yuck! I know!) was a little much.
Let's just say I am so so so glad that week was behind us. James had a rough week (my gentle boy started hitting again), and this Mama had a rough week.
But because I don't like to dwell on the bad, I rather focus on the good, here are ten really good things that happened over the last week:
- With the turn of the weather we've started getting out James's fall/winter wardrobe. There are lots of adorable things I'm looking forward to this season.
- After a week of cold and yuck, there has been a return of warm/amazing/beautiful fall weather!
- Lots and lots of playdates with Mamas that offered their support.
- The pumpkins in the garden are getting ever bigger! I think we'll pick them this weekend.
- Tea in the morning, every morning.
- Early bedtime for me. With E gone (and now jet lagged) we've been hitting the sack at 9 pm. Awesome, especially when James takes mini extra short naps these days.
- Halloween decorations. I got them out while E was gone, and I'm loving them.
- E getting home. This was the best part of the week by far.
- The half dozen big hugs James gave E when he saw him. Both E and James were thrilled. Once the shock wore off, he'd play for a few minutes and then run back to Dada and give him a big long extended hug. It happened quite a few times and was amazing.
- Dada being back on the morning breakfast routine. Homemade biscuits taste way better than a stale piece of toast. The company of another adult in the house? Beyond wonderful.