James is on a roll. He understands more, asks for things, has started using the word "please" and knows what he wants.
Here are some things about the last month:
- He takes a 1-2.5 hour nap at noon or 12:30.
- Sleeps 12-13 hours a night (which he's done for ages), 7pm bedtime until about 7 or 7:30 am.
- Is almost 30 lbs. Won't know his actual weight until his 2 year appt.
- Wears 18-24 month clothes. 2T is slightly big but we make it work by rolling it up a bit. Size 6 shoes.
- Has a memory that kills me. He remembers things that happened last spring and tells me about them.
- Two favorite books right now are Mouse Mess and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. He laughs at the naughty mice.
- Adores diggers and bulldozers more than anything else. The only times he's linked three words together were when he asked "see digger work?" to us. Die of cute.
- If you ask him about his birthday party he'll say "cake!"
- "Mama" or "Mommy" is the first thing out of his mouth in the morning, and the last thing he says before bed. He likes to chant "Mamamamamama" from his crib. Cute and kinda insane.
- When asked what he wants to do, you'll always get one of three answers: "Park" (60% of the time), "Zoo" (30% of the time) or "walk" (10% of the time). He loves to be outdoors.
- Has reached an entirely new level of maniac dancing. He still dances to his drum before bed every night and each night is faster and scarier for E and I.
- When E is tickling James he says "no Dada! No Dada!" and then when E stops he looks sideways in a mischievous way and says "more!"
- Loves to notice lights, tells me if they are on or off. This has been something he's loved for quite some time, but I don't want to forget it.
- Has recently started using words to tell me things like "wet" when he sees something dripping or "hot" when he sees the sunshine.
- Uses a fork for all his meals. If we try to tell him its finger food (like chips) he will have none of it, and still try to use is fork. If we try to help him with his fork he has a tantrum. Yea for two year olds!
- Is getting more and more into Chuggington (a train show by Disney) by the day. Talks about Koko almost all the time (if he's not talking about diggers, that is).
- Asks for a "hug" in the sweetest little voice ever. The other day he ran to E saying "Dada hug!"
- Is amazing.
- And infuriating.
- But mostly amazing.
I asked him to give Wolfy a hug. Sweetest boy ever.
And from month 1 until now: