Monday, December 12, 2011

Cookie Day 2011

About eight years ago my Grandparents started a new tradition where we would all get together and make cookies right before Christmas time. A party was scheduled, beautiful floury madness ensued, and cookie day was born.

I have always loved cookie day but it has changed quite a bit over the years. Once my grandparents hosted, now, for the last two years E and I have hosted. The idea is the same, however. Everyone brings a recipe and madness ensues. There is a three person line for the cake mixer, a two person long line for the 1/2 cup measuring cup, and the oven always has about a ten person line.

But madness brings magic. And magic is 8-15 different types of cookies, all fresh from the oven.

In addition to all the cookies, E decided to smoke pork and make pulled pork sandwiches so we could have dinner after all the baking was complete. This meant that he set his alarm clock so he could get the meat started at 6:45 am on Sunday morning. He said it was freezing and pitch black. This man is dedicated.

James was more than thrilled to have an entire party themed to his favorite hobby: cooking. He's a master with the whisk already.
And this was the first time using the mixer. I think he fell in love.
Whisk in one hand, mixer in the other. A pro already.
Rolo cookies baked on pretzels are always a favorite.
Beater with cookie dough? A must on cookie day.

Helping Grandma with the mixer. This is his "cheese" face. He seriously cracks me up.
My tree. Bokah (blurry).
Brandon and Kathleen have never joined us for cookie day. I told them to look at each other with true love, and this is what they gave me.
Melissa, my Aunt Laura, Brandon and my cousin Taylor working hard.
This is how the kitchen looked most of the time. So many people. The craziness is half the fun.
Once dinner was served people finally had a chance to sit down. Taylor and my brother Chandler we also both new to cookie day. What's with these boys and not wanting to bake cookies? Also notice Mabel, the kitty, is right in the middle of things.
One of my special ornaments. This is a wooden heart I picked up on our Canada trip.
So many wonderful cookies!
The crew (missing James and my Mom). So much fun!
PS - Want to see cookie days of years past? Here is 2008, 2009 (James was only 2.5 weeks!), and 2010.
PPS - Grandpa, Grandma and Kendra were missed. We didn't forget you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Such a fun day! Thank you for hosting!
    Auntie Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails