Friday, December 09, 2011

Pregnancy quiz: 31 weeks


How far along: 31 weeks. Two months from tomorrow is my due date. OH MY WORD!

Sleep: Most nights have been pretty good this week, actually. But last night James woke up screaming at 1:12 am. I jolted awake and went running to him. Hugged him and lied him back down and he was asleep before I left the room. Me on the other hand? Have you ever been jolted awake? I was so worried something was wrong I was up for hours.

Total weight gain/loss: I'm up 19 lbs.

Movement: Lots.

Size of Baby: 18" long (almost the length at birth) but still skinny at only 3.5 lbs.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain has been a killer this week. Also, I'm feeling heavier and rounder and less able to move around freely. Walking up a flight of stairs totally winds me.

Food Cravings: Sweets after every meal which is totally not me. Good thing the house is stocked with candy due to the holidays.

What I miss: Lying on my back on the bed. For about three months I have not been able to read a book lying down, watch a movie, or even just relax on my back. Watching a movie curled on your side gets really old quite fast.

What I am looking forward to: Cookie baking day this weekend.

Weekly Wisdom: James is beyond smart. Last week we had a furnace guy come and look at our air flow problem and I told James his name was Kim. Today another man is here to fix the problem and every time James hears a clunk from the basement he says "Kim!". We haven't talked about Kim for the entire week.

Best moment this week: Some weeks I fall in love with my little boy all over again. This is one of those weeks, and the waves of love I feel is pretty awesome. Also, I've been getting excited about Christmas, and that's pretty fun too.

Milestones: Ever so slowly, we are moving forward on our name decision. It won't be Lily, even though that is James's choice. Also? I started doing these quizzes at 31 weeks with James. Here is a link if you care to compare (who am I kidding? I'll be the only one to click the link!).

And, above, we've hardly gone outside over the last week but one day we bundled up and met a couple of friends at the park. It was too cold within a half an hour, due to the quickly setting sun, but was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails