Friday, December 16, 2011

Pregnancy quiz: 32 weeks

How far along: 32 weeks!

Sleep: I've actually had the best week of sleep for a really really long time. I get up a lot to pee, but fall back to sleep super fast. And I'm napping while James naps most days. Yippee for lots of sleep! I'm trying to enjoy it because once Baby Dos comes, not only will I not get a big break when James naps, but I'll be up a lot at night as well.

Movement: Baby Girl is a dancer. Or a karate master. Or something that involves lots of kicking at 6:00 am.

Size of Baby: 19" long and almost 4 lbs. So sweet!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain, a new fun (note the sarcasm) type of pelvic pain, more pain in my growing tummy and more feeling uncomfortable. Walking at any speed other than slow? Not going to happen.

Food Cravings: Hot cheesy foods. We had lasagna last night and I honestly though I could eat the entire tray. Yum!

What I miss: I'm trying to focus not on what I miss, but what I will miss once I have two kids. Long mornings alone with James? Yea, I'll miss that. Story time with just him? I'll miss that too. Tickling and playing with no worry about how loud he's being, or if he'll wake the baby. I'll miss that a lot.

What I am looking forward to: This week. The week before Christmas is almost as good as the holiday itself. I wrapped all my presents today, we are going to Zoo Lights tonight and there is more fun coming. I love this time of year.

Weekly Wisdom: And elbow to the sciatic nerve before bed helps me fall asleep. E gives me an elbow to my butt muscle every night. :) Sounds so bad but it helps.

Best moment this week: Today watching the birds. Some days are good bird days, and today is one of them. All the flickers are out. Like 6 of them! And other types of woodpeckers too! And magpies. And so many more. I love it.
Not my bird photo. Totally stollen from Pinterest. But aren't flickers amazing? They are a big type of woodpecker (about the size of a magpie) that mate for life. So so neat.

Milestones: James has been sleeping successfully in his new big boy room for two weeks. His old room we now refer to "Baby sister's room" and he is thrilled to have more space and a light switch he can turn on and off himself. He loves it in there. So happy because I can't wait to add some girly touches to the nursery. Photos of James's new room coming shortly, let's hope.

Another best moment of the week? This moment. Watching the snow gently fall towards the ground the other morning. Nothing stuck around, but seeing the white flakes was magical, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas tree! It's beautiful :) And as always, James is so precious.

    ianjesskade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 AM

    You're house looks magical!!!
    Auntie Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails