Wednesday, November 11, 2009

39 weeks, the countdown has begun!

Today I'm 39 weeks pregnant, only 7 days to go until my official due date!

On Saturday E and I decided to spend the day doing things that will become quite difficult once Baby November gets here. One thing that we've been wanting to do is spend the day at The Cliff Spa, relaxing in the hot tub, pool and solarium. Once we have a baby, spending the day in a spa will become much more expensive, because we'll need to also pay for a babysitter. After the wonderfully relaxing afternoon enjoying the Utah mountains we decided to go out to dinner and do a little shopping. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Desert Edge, and shopped Trolley Square for a little while. Soon these types of days, revolving only around the schedule of two adults, will be a thing of the past. Amazingly, I'm looking forward to the change.

So, here is a photo of a very pregnant spa-goer. E snapped this photo of me at 38 weeks, 3 days.
And here is my weekly quiz, and a photo of my beautiful swollen feet. Why a photo of my feet? Well for one, I'd like to remember how they looked all swollen because then I can appreciate them more when they get back to their normal size. And two, notice the awesome pedicure! More on that below!

How far along? 39 weeks. Crazy!
Total weight gain/loss: Up another pound.
Maternity clothes? Not only am I in maternity clothes, for the last 6 weeks I've been wearing nothing but "maternity shoes". Only my Crocs and flip flops fit. Lovely...
Sleep: Not fun. At all. But I'm trying to keep in mind that this is way way better than the post-baby sleep. At least if I get up now, I'm only up for a minute or two, and I can generally fall back to sleep quickly.
Movement: Yep, he is still kicking and driving me bonkers. Seems to really like to kick when I'm talking about him.
Labor Signs: I think I might have dropped over the last few days! I'll find out on my Friday appointment. Or I'll be in labor before Friday, that would be awesome.
Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm not sure there is a symptom I don't have. Even my hands hurt now. I woke up last night due to hip pain and the night before because my palms were killing me! Ah, the joys of being full term.
Food Cravings: Pomegranates. But that is not unusual this time of year, I always crave pomegranate when they are in season.
Belly Button in or out? Out.
What I miss: Drinking coffee without horrid heartburn, being able to see my toes, being able to squat.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting the little guy! I am getting so so so excited for labor to start, because that means I'll be holding my little baby soon! Also, I'm really looking forward to being able to bend over.
Weekly Wisdom: Loosing a family member, even an old grumpy one, is so so hard. Instead of spending the last few days looking forward to meeting Baby November, I've been mourning the loss of Moose.
Best moment this week: My friend Michelle is awesome. Totally awesome. She gave me a gift certificate to go get a pre-baby pedicure. I went yesterday and adored every moment. Seriously, every Mama-to-be should get their swollen tired feet rubbed. Heaven.
Milestones: Seven days to go until my due date. I have to keep in mind though, my due date is not necessarily the day I'll go into labor, we could have a late baby on our hands...

7 comments:

  1. Stacey6:48 PM

    I am very excited for you guys and hope that your last week pregnant goes well. Can't wait to see pictures of your little man. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday, I am looking to see if you have had Baby November yet. I am feeling so excited and hope that you will inform us all as soon as possible. We all are waiting with you and E.

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your alone time. Very soon you will have a baby who doesn't sleep at night. Part of being a parent is about never having free time anymore (at least while they are young). Taking care of Ian is so exhausting. So just enjoy this time with E and put your feet up and relax. And what better way to do this, than going to the spa. You have the right idea. :)

    P.S. - Again, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Moosey. I know you miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pedicure looks awesome! Also the feet don't look that swollen either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I plan on posting a blog post while in in the hospital in labor! Hahaha! My plan is to get an epidural, and then use the time waiting to update my blog. Seriously!

    Keep watching, it could be any day. However, E is betting on the week of Thanksgiving. Great....

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica!
    I so enjoy reading your blog and keep reading to find out when that baby is going to arrive! It seems like not too long ago we found each other on facebook and you guys had just bought your house! Now you're having a baby!! We are on that path too and I can't wait for the day another will join our family. We're thinking of a last hurrah trip to the Caribbean this Spring before we get serious. Good luck and that little guy will be here soon. You're going to be a fantastic mom.
    Love,
    Jessica Red :-)
    P.S. I'm pretty sure coffee and wine will be the hardest to give up for me...as I enjoy a glass of vino now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any day now...this is SO exciting! If there is going to be an email list please put me on it. I will be checking your blog and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you and E and so thrilled that you will be updating your blog through labor. I hope you won't be late and that your labor and delivery goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails